PDA

View Full Version : Overhead dc setup how I did it.

knight_toolworks
01-28-2008, 11:48 PM
here is my setup I just modified. my dc hood for max suction has the hose in front. no real way around this on the older prt's. but you can't fit a 4" hose in there unless you move the spindle back to the last mount and that means my whole tabletop would need to shift back to reach the edge of it.
so I use a 3" hose. I had 3" to 4" to the 6" pipe above. suction was ok but not as good as all 4" so today I just got the parts to change it over to 6" then to 4" and to 3" now I think I have more suction then I did with a straight 4" all the way on my first design.
the real fun part is getting everything to fit. the 3" to 4" adapter I needed on the hood well of course the hose does not fit it. it is designed for a male piece to fit in. but of course you can't buy that piece in 3" the quick connect I got for the 4" so I could take it apart if it jams does not fit the 4" connector much at all. of course there are no 6" hose connectors at all and the metal is too big and needs crimped down.
well got it all together minus one hose clamp I forgot to get. I forgot to run grounding wire before the pics were take. I wrapped it around the 3" and 4" hose then soldered it to the wire on the 6" hose.
I used a small bungee cord to take up the slack of the 6" hose.

knight_toolworks
01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
man the airflow is so much better it is amazing. far more then I would think a 3" hose would deliver. far more air then I got with all 4" hose.