PDA

View Full Version : Samples and real work

ljdm
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
After finishing a bunch of condo unit number signs, find myself with time on my hands. Made some business card holders for different businesses in the area. I took a pic of their logo from the 'net and carved them. One slot is for their cards, one for mine. They like free things, and it's free advertising for me.

Pretty quick and easy, got a call the first week form a lumber yard customer seeing my cards. Hopefully they will bring in business.

cabindoors
03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Excellent work and excellent idea!

toych
03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Great idea Lou. Hmmmmmmmm............

D.

magic
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I love the idea and have wanted to do the same thing but I realize that you have to keep stocking your slot with your cards (as they aren't going to do it). How long, do you think before they get tired of you giving free advertising?

The place I buy my lumber only sees me every other month. They have a bulletin board. The place i buy my plastics however, is a different story. Every sample in the shop becomes a way for their counter people to make an order and having a free sign is not in their "program"

Are you going to "have" to make them something new every year? That's what I suspect. I have a great customer that I make something for every year. It takes time but they just about pay the rent. We have become friends too.

ljdm
03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
That's one reason I put 2 slots. Most businesses either give out their cards, or sometimes customers ask, or just grab a card when they see them. So.........it is a nice counter display with their logo on it, and a convenient way for their cards to get spread around. Bottom line is I have the time at the moment to make these items, so why not? As far as having to keep stocking them, that's part of the sales end of the business, same as any other advertising method.