PDA

View Full Version : Experience with JoinTech?

myxpykalix
04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I am thinking about getting the Jointech cabinet makers System for a router table so my grandson can make small boxes from here:
http://www.jointech.com/woodworking1.htm I have a Delta Router Shaper that i will fashion a larger tabletop on which to use the jointech fence on.
I wondered if anyone has used this system and what they think of it. What i saw of it at the woodworking show was it had built in "setups" for boxjoints, dovetails, inserts and thought this would be a relatively simpler thing for him to use than trying to run the shopbot.

cnc_works
04-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Jack, I've had a jointech router fence for at least twelve years. Don't know what they are like now, but mine is built like a tank and works as good now as it did new. I compared it to the Incra at the time and there just wasn't any comparison. Don't use the fancy aspects of it much, but a friend successfully made dovetails for his kitchen drawers. It is a great sturdy precision fence and I wouldn't be without it.

Donn

myxpykalix
04-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Well what was kind of neat was, in the channels on the T rail you slide a premeasured paper template for say boxjoints. You line up your material for one side of the boxjoint and it has a black mark you slide the fence to for pin on side A. Then you slide side B to every red mark.
I know...it's a clumsy explaination but here's a couple pics of the results.

gene
04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Jack
I have a jointec system fence and bits with the templates that i bought and never used . I would sell if your intrested . Good price

myxpykalix
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I am sending you an email....

mikek
04-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I have had a JoinTech for many years and love it. A footswitch turns the router on and off. Keeps both hands free.

myxpykalix
04-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Mike Did your come with the templates and other stuff?

myxpykalix
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Gene! Check your email!!