PDA

View Full Version : PRT 4x4 Help?

therechris
09-29-2008, 05:41 PM
I bought a used PRT and it came with the proximity switches and the e-stop that had never been installed. I am confused by the drawings for install. I have the proximity switches wired but was wondering about where to mount them. I don't have any instructions for wiring the e-stop. I am new to this so if someone could send me some pics of where to put the proximty switches that would be great. Also, how do I make or install a prox. for the "z", like to put a piece of metal shim on top of actual piece to zero out. Thanks for the help, I searched the archives and couldn't find what I needed although I'm sure it's there somewhere.

myxpykalix
09-30-2008, 12:53 AM
here are some pics with a diagram to orient you

pete
09-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Theresa

ShopBot has this manual in their documentation section to help you install the prox switches
http://www.shopbottools.com/files/SBG00135060526ProxSwitchesPrtalpha.pdf

See if that helps you.

Pete

therechris
10-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Here's a top diagram of Shopbot. I put red squares where I think the sticky taped holder with the bolts to trip the prox. go? Sorry, having a heck of a time visualizing this.

myxpykalix
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
you're kind of right. The sensor is mounted to the wheel of the carriage. The best way to know where to set your sticky bolt holder is this way.
After you have mounted your sensor do this:

I assume you have the carriage "stops" mounted to the end of the pinion rails. Move the carriage manually to where you hit your stops. Then back it back a bit and take a marker and make a mark on your rail directly under the sensor. set your bolts with the doublestick tape there at your mark.
Because the sensor is mounted to the front end of the carriage when you run the carriage to the opposite end (to the right looking at the picture) you will note as in the diagram i post here that the bolt will not be on the end of the table as in your diagram but approx. 2 ft forward as in pic 1, or a distance equal to the width of the carriage because the sensor is on the leading wheel. Hope that helps..

myxpykalix
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM

therechris
10-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Finally, I got it. Thanks!