PDA

View Full Version : Bit Sharpening

Wes Day (Unregistered Guest)
08-23-2004, 04:32 PM
I sent several bits to Southeast Tool, out of 7 Belin Spiral-O's I sent them (EXACT same bits), they sharpened one correctly and ruined the other 6. The bits would just try to "plow" through the wood and break if I didn't shut it down in time.

I called Southeast Tool and they didn't have any idea what was wrong. I sent the bits back to them to look at. After about a month of not hearing anything back from them, I called, and I called, and I called, and I called.....I would always talk to "Steve" but he didn't ever know anything. He said he would refer everything to Chuck (the president). SO........I waited, and waited, and waited......after another 5 or 6 weeks I called and talked to Chuck. He said he would look into it. NEVER heard from him. They NEVER called me, I ALWAYS had to call them. So after a couple of weeks I got the bits back in the mail. I was confused so I called Chuck and he told me they had done nothing wrong, but that some of the bits were left hand and some were right hand.
I called Multicam, who I buy the bits from, they said no way!

Anyway, I would not recommend sending ANYTHING to Southeast Tool forr sharpening.