PDA

View Full Version : Restarting a file after shutdown??

myxpykalix
04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I was rounding this column and it was making a lot of noise (normal noise) and it was getting late and i didn't want the cops at my door so i paused the file. I want to shut the machine down and restart the rounding process from this point, how do i do that?
Previous line 20 ZB
(stopped on) line 21 M5, 70,, 3.375,, 1260000
X 30.798
Y.011
B534366.2
I going to leave carriage and bit where it is but if i shut control software off, when i restart it, it will start at beginning. Not sure how i start from this point or just a bit previous to this?

jamesgilliam
04-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Jack, I know that you can restart by line number as I have done it a couple of times in the DOS control software, but it was when the bit was up out of the material on the table.

James

ryan_slaback
04-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Jack, you can use the FG (I think) command to go to a line and then run a line. Just make sure you wrote down what line of code you were on when you paused/quit. It will be in the upper right hand corner.

Or the method I use when I need the bot to shut up so I can teach a class is to pause the file via the space bar, Shut the switch off on top of the router and then go teach. When I want to resume I turn the power back on at the router switch and then resume in the control software. I feel that way there is a whole lot less possibility for error.