PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum boot

menewfy
05-16-2007, 04:55 PM
does anyone know what the vacuum boot (the one at the router bit)is called or where I can find one in good or new condition?

jamesgilliam
05-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Timothy, The dust skirt you use depends on several things. The type of machine you have is one to consider. You can get one from Shopbot, or build it yourself. I did not see the need when I first got the machine, but when surfacing spoil board I found out. I never knew taking .020" off a sheet of mdf would deposit 1/4" of dust on everything in the shop. I made ours from some pvc pipe, a couple of fittings, scrap wood and plexiglass and a door sweep from the hardware store. What you are going to be doing with the machine will change the needs for the skirt setup. I am going to make another for my PRT if things here will slow down a bit so I can mount it from the back of the y cariage where it will be out of the way.

menewfy
05-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I have revieved a cuple of emails with pics of different ideas and I think I can do i myself.

Thanks
Tim

knight_toolworks
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I would be interested in a better design. one that is easier to take on and off.