PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

w_kerry
03-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Just setting up my second hand shopbot and am having a programing problem.When trying to run a program,I keep getting the following error:
PARAMETER ERROR
Parameter value below range for vs,
setting to lower limit(.05)!

The machine jogs to position normally,then moves at .05in/sec when cutting.
Does anyone know what I need to do to rectify this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to cut out my first project, a radiused reception desk which is due on monday. HELP!

thewoodcrafter
03-16-2008, 02:09 PM
It looks like your trying to cut at a speed slower than the machine can do.
Open the cut file in Edit, look at a line that says MS
This is the move speed.
Make sure is faster.
first number is X, second number is Y third number is Z

Gary Campbell
03-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Kerry...
I had the same message for the VC command when the bit diameter was zero. Read the file header to see if there is a VS command that has an errant zero or un initialized variable in it.
Gary

hh_woodworking
03-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I had the same trouble wit a student project last week. you have the cutting speed set to low. Increase your inches per sec. Watch it in preview mode. It will show the same error there. Hope that this will help
Ed

w_kerry
03-16-2008, 04:39 PM
I,m not sure I understand where to find this information that you all are suggesting.Gary, is the cut file in part wizard program under toolpaths? My feed for the router bit is set for 1.5in/sec and the plunge rate is 1 in/sec

w_kerry
03-16-2008, 05:05 PM
I forgot to add that the programs which were on the machine when I bought it run perfectly, indicating that the problem is in my programming?
Also I meant to direct my previous question concerning the cut file to roger.Also my machine cut feed and speed matches my router bit feed and speed.

Gary Campbell
03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Kerry..
On the left side of the SB console, your X&Y move speeds will be shown in the box. Try setting the X&Y to 2.00 then start the file. Watch the speed as the file runs. If it stays at 2 then you are OK. If it goes back to .05, hit the [S] key to stop the file.
Click on the file editor button and read from the top down to see if there is a line that has either a "MS" or "VS" in it. That line will most likely have the value of ".05" and you can edit that to a reasonable number.
Good Luck, Gary

w_kerry
03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Gary,(and all others that have posted)
when I press start to run my program, I get the the PARAMETER ERROR box which I have to close or OK. Either way it comes up a second time(for the Z axis?) When I OK or close the second box the machine changes the speeds to .05 and proceeds to run the program at the slow speed.By the way, prior to this, when I go when I go to the file editor vs-set speed values,the speed values are set to what I want.
what is the PARAMETER ERROR and how can I change it?

hh_woodworking
03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Kevin,
What I had found out when the student had made the his file he had put in the values as inches/minute not inches /sec. this was programed in artcam. check to make sure that the tool you picked is giving you reading in inches per sec and not inches per minute. inches /minute will give you the error that you are getting

Ed

thewoodcrafter
03-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Kerry,
Gary's got it.
When a file is run through the post processor the cutting speed is tied to the bit being used. The postp puts this into the file it creates. No mater what it says on the screen, to the left, the file will use what ever the postp put in the file. You need to edit the file, and fix the feed rate under that particular tool in the postp, to a different speed.
Hit-
file
edit
type in the name of the file
look and find
MS or VS
the numbers after that need to be changed.

Gary Campbell
03-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Kerry...
I am not at my machine, but entering a number under .05 for a move speed returns that error on my design computer. That is to say that .06 does not. Double check the file..punctuation... see if you can find it. Maybe try eliminating the line and enter a MS line with the same parameters. IF you cant get it to work that way, copy and paste the beginning portion of the file that has the VS line in it into an email and send it to me at: islaww(at)comcast(dot)net
Gary

w_kerry
03-16-2008, 10:29 PM
thanks for everybody's help.Edward actually hit the nail on the head. My cutting speed was set on in/min and not in/sec. Everything's working just right now. I really appreciate everyone's effort on this. It feels good to know there's such a great support team of botters available.

hh_woodworking
03-16-2008, 10:54 PM
You are welcome! It took me awhile trouble shooting the problem for the student and I just happened to notice the difference. ( students are great at creating puzzles to solve)

Ed