PDA

View Full Version : Re-sawing

cip
05-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I know this isn't a cnc issue but does anyone have any experience with re-saw machines? I am considering a purchase and would like some feedback on the machinery that is available.

Any info would be helpful.

Mike

lto
05-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I have experiance with a Baker "A". After having made a few minor modifications it has continued to perform well for us. It all depends on the volumn of wood you need to cut, in our situation the Baker definately provided alot of bang for the buck.

www.barevillewoodcraft.com (http://www.barevillewoodcraft.com)

elcruisr
05-09-2007, 06:56 AM
I've used one of the little Hitachi resaws. Pretty impressive little saw actually. In the bigger saws you might look around some of the places like exfactory.com and see what the current market is in used equipment.

rustnrot
05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
I use the Jet JWBS-20 20-Inch bandsaw for my resawing. I can resaw 12 inch high mahogany 12 feet long in a few minutes quite accurately. Blade choice is critical and now I feel I have the correct blade.

lto
05-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Resawing on a bandsaw will feed easier and cut smoother and straighter with a carbide tipped blade. You'll never want to go back to a regular steel blade again.

elcruisr
05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
+1 on blade selection! Not only carbide tipped but if you do serious amounts the Stellite tipped are also a great choice. The wider the better. The last one I used much had a 3" blade!

wayneo
05-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Check out Laguna Tools. I have a 24" bandsaw and have resawed 14"x4"x12' Teak with no problem at all. Very accurate and very smooth with proper blade. Saw has ceramic guides.