PDA

View Full Version : Table for playing $^#@@!

dmidkiff
05-22-2007, 04:13 PM
This is a project that I recently did for a customer. For some reason I can't call It ----- table. I would like for someone to explain why that word can't be used on this forum. It is a simple word and not offensive that I know of.
Gary Beckwith took my drawing and modified it and made the 3D toolpath for the chip holder and cup holder.
This pic is of the first half of this 60" game table. The game uses chips and cards.

The next pic is starting to cut the chip holder after the drink holders were cut. PC router and Gary's 1/4" ballnose.
The next is the whole "blank" table. It's not very good because of size, just take my word that both halves are pushed together. The cup holder is only 1/4" deep. When the customer saw it he decided that they needed to be deeper so we loaded back on the bot and made 2 more 1/4" passes. No pics.

Well Jack, I finally did it, and it was a pain. Especially since I had to do it twice because of that prohibited word.
Please Admin. tell me why I can't call my "blank" table by it's right name.

jsfrost
05-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Dave,
Your "baseball" table can't be what it is to keep the spammers from advertising an illegal "baseball" game.

I like the way the "baseball" chip holder was done. Good work!.

myxpykalix
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Nice PokeHer table! Will it be finished or covered with felt?

garyb
05-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Dave, had sent me the full size photo of the cut table and I think he turned out a great job considering the little snipits I sent him to work with.

Well done Dave.

harryball
05-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Very nice table. I actually had a request to build one not too long ago but didn't have to time to accept the job since his deadline was too quick for me.

Robert

dmidkiff
05-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Jim
Thanks for the kind words, and the insite. All I could see was red at post time.
Jack
Thanks, the customer will finish and do felt or leather with pad. The other side of table will be for dining. Hmm maybe should call it dining table.

Thanks Robert, this job would not have been possible without Gary, so a special thanks goes to Gary Beckwith of Beckwith Decor Products.
Dave