PDA

View Full Version : Restarting file??

myxpykalix
06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I have never had to do this. My power supply to the laptop was not plugged in all the way so when the battery died after 2-3 hours of cutting the machine stopped. I do not know how to resart a file at the last place it stopped. Here is what the log file says:

Last Not Complete Stopped@Line (mailto:Stopped@Line) 14 |Cut Mode| Elapsed: 00:01:08 Reps: 1 18:42:20 06-24-2007
File Completed:no Ln:14 Max: 46.50, 5.43, 2.00, 1.00, 0.00 Min: 0.00, 0.00,- 0.24, 1.00, 0.00 Offset:no Brks=2

I couldn't find anything in the manual about resuming although i've read about it here, but not the specific commands to do so. Anybody know the specific commands based on my log file? Thanks

walksonwater
06-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Jack,

The FP command, go to line and run from there.
Randy

walksonwater
06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
sorry, FG

walksonwater
06-24-2007, 08:26 PM
heres a link from earlier...
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/29/12751.html

good luck jack

walksonwater
06-24-2007, 08:29 PM
you can test it in preview mode Jack. I've used this several times and have been successful.
RB

myxpykalix
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Well i pulled out quick reference card saw the FG fNm,{pX,pY,pZ,Rp,ofst, plnge,Tb,z0}

but based on the numbers from the log file:

Last Not Complete Stopped@Line (mailto:Stopped@Line) 14 |Cut Mode| Elapsed: 00:01:08 Reps: 1 18:42:20 06-24-2007
File Completed:no Ln:14 Max: 46.50, 5.43, 2.00, 1.00, 0.00 Min: 0.00, 0.00,- 0.24, 1.00, 0.00 Offset:no Brks=2

I just don't know what to input. Reading the quoted post it sounds like you go back to your starting point of 0,0 and input this line data to take you to your stopping point, correct? My problem is the computer died and the program quit, so it is reading 0,0 at the ending point where it is. I haven't moved the carriage or turned off the box so common sense tells me that if i can somehow take those numbers to a MINUS point that would take me back to precisely my beginning point. Does that make sense?

walksonwater
06-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Jack,

If that stopped on line 14 I would think it hadn't covered much area anyway, so maybe just start it over.

Otherwise, FG..Go to line 14, then hit run from here. I know they say, it would be best to start from a J3...position in the file.

Did you loose 0,0?

Randy

myxpykalix
06-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes i lost 0,0, and the ending point at where it stopped is now my new 0,0, that was why i was trying to extrapalate back using MINUS the numbers to try to end up at the original 0,0. If that makes sense. And it had been running the file for between 2-3 hours. Plus if i can't figure out how to get back to the original 0,0 I will have to cut, plane, glue more 1.5" thick walnut another days worth of work.

HELP ME OBE WAN KENOBE, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

joelinkous
06-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Ugh. I'm not sure if this is normal for most shopbot tables, but mine has limit switches. You can configure your shopbot to zero it's X and Y axis based on those limit switches.

If you're doing that for the first time though, you may have to restart the entire cut process. Any location process that includes a manual eye-ball step will throw off any work that was done before that point. However, once you have it setup with the switches, you could mess up your zero a million times and still re-zero with pinpoint accuracy.

myxpykalix
06-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I (think) when we set the table up my buddy Ed set the 0,0 that way however i have a indexer that is on the left side and 0,0 (using C3) lands me in open space over the indexer bay. I am still positioned in my ending point tho i haven't moved it yet.

bill.young
06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
John,

Had you run that file earlier in the day and stopped it after a minute or so of cutting? As Randy pointed out that log file only shows that it cut 14 lines and ran for just a little over a minute.

If your computer died while the file was cutting it couldn't have written a log file for that cutting session...a log file (and an ini file update) is only written when the ShopBot software exits normally. And it can't write to a dead computer!

Since you don't have a fixed 0,0 point I think your out of luck, unless there's some feature like a hole or a distinctive cut that you can find in the file. If so, move the tool there and then reset the coordinates to the ones in the file for that feature using the VA command.

Bill

ed_lang
06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
John,
You can run the setup routine by typing "TS" Let it guide you through the setup of the prox switches and you can have your 0,0 at any location you wish on the table. Once set, don't keep changing it either.

But if I recall, you said you never use the prox switches. You move the tool to where you want and then zero there. Thats fine, but it does make it almost impossible to fine the exact spot you did the Z2 later on.

jsfrost
06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Given the machining times, it sounds like this may be a 3D project If you are otherwise out of options for recovery, you might try a manual zero of X and Y, and set Z to cut perhaps .030 deeper than originally planned. If the countours are well behaved, no really steep vertical areas, this can save the material but not the time.

If you can find or very closely approximate the earlier zero points, you could use preview mode starting at various line numbers to estimate where the project stopped and then restart at a slightly earlier point, on an existing or newly added line that has the bit moving to a new location at safe X height. A slight misallignment when a project is restarted can often be hidden with a few minuites of careful work with hand carving tools.

myxpykalix
06-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the help and maybe the file i quoted wasn't the right file, not sure. It had run for 2-3 hours and as frank pointed out since the computer died it didn't have time to write a log file. So bottom line, i just got more wood out and glued together and will start over. DOH!

ed_lang
06-26-2007, 07:21 AM
John, Be sure to post a picture! Of the next one that cut 100% that is.

paco
06-26-2007, 08:31 AM
And write down TBC offset before you start the file...