PDA

View Full Version : Home made router cut off question

ken_rychlik
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I built a switch panel for the bot. It mounts to the frame and I can send the gantry to a negative 1x and it will flip off the switches for the vac and router. My question is what and where do I go to add a line of info for the cut file? I can put a circle on -1 and have it go pretend to cut there and it works, but I would like to modify some existing files.

Thanks

Kenneth

woodworx
03-09-2009, 11:53 PM
pics?

bcondon
03-10-2009, 09:18 AM
In your shopbot cut file xxx.sbp, you could place a jump or move command

'make sure the z height is enough to clear
jz,3.000 'if 3 is high enough...
' move to where the switch is
m2, x.xxx, y.yyy

I would place the command near where the router or spindle is started and stopped in the file (top and bottom)

I have to say that this does concern me because it is very easy to lose details and run a live cutter through clamps, your work while trying to shut off the vacuum.
Personally, I would invest in a base and contactor ($50) and wire into one of the out switches on the control board. You could now use normal programming to turn the vac and router on...

so,6,1 'to turn on if wired into the 6th position

so,6,0 ' turn off...

=======

I am looking at X10 controls to automate turning my vac on and off. X10 allows you to turn any device (lights, appliances) on and off by sending signals on the power lines. I use it to turn my central vac off and on from the basement, and the shopbot even though I can not the central vac unit.

There is X10 contactors that will send an ON message to a device (with one of the switches on the control board) when closed and OFF message when openned so I hope to play with that. That is another alternative to automate.

www.smarthome.com (http://www.smarthome.com)