PDA

View Full Version : Zero Plate Aligator clip

ffaelan
03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
So I'm sure this has been covered a millio0n times, but searching for the thread is a needle in a haystack.

What is the purpose of the alligator clip with the zero plate. when i finish zeroing it says to be sure to remove it. in this shop which i am new to, it lives connected to the cable bridge on the gantry and has never moved. The zero plate seems to be zeroing though.

Brady Watson
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
It is primarily for non-spindle routers. As the brushes wear in the motor, continuity can be unreliable. The clip is to be attached to the shank of the router so that it can complete ground thru the Zzero plate. If you have a spindle, you can completely remove the clip from the Wago connector. If you purchased the probe from SB, you should have a funny looking 'f' tool that is used to remove/install wires from the Wago spout connector at the junction of the Zzero plate and the clip.

-B

ffaelan
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Yup its a spindle
thanks Brady

gundog
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I had a router now I have a spindle I guess I can remove my aligator clip I have been using it with my new spindle.

Mike

ken_rychlik
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM
For those with a router, you can put a big hose clamp around the router just below the mounting bracket and put the wire under the hose clamp. Then you don't forget to install or remove the clip. I took the clip off of the wire and stripped it back a little before I tucked it under the clamp.
Kenneth

david_white
03-30-2009, 08:15 PM
The best and fastest way to remove the clip is to not remove it from the working end of the router.
Dave

wberminio
03-30-2009, 09:28 PM
If you have an air drill, the clip is for used for zeroing the drill.

Erminio