PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Table Question..........

mitchjr
02-13-2008, 07:34 AM
I am all ready to build my vacuum table. I have my 2 fein shopvacs and was wondering if anybody has ever used 1.5" pvc piping instead of the 2" pipe. Would there be any difference between the two.

donchapman
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I use a single small discontinued Fein with 1.5" PVC on a 4 zone 4'x8' table and it works well. I have 4 valves (one for each 2'x4' zone) and can use whatever individual zone or combination of zones is needed for a particular project.

pete
02-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Don, et al - I need to redo my 4 zone grid today - what method did you use to create the 4 zones please. And what size border between zones and on the outside borders too. Thanks. Pete

donchapman
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
I used ShopBot's vacuum table routing program which was included on a CD of the SB software, manual, etc. I received some years ago.
I'll bet you can find the table routing file on their website.

Brady Watson
02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Mitch,
Depending on how many elbows and turns you have to make, the 1.5" stuff will work fine...although it's cheap insurance to just buy the 2", as smaller tube restricts airflow.

Peter,
A 1/2" border at the edge & between zones is adequate. If you want to make your own grid, just draw up a series of straight lines in CAD & do a machine along vector to create your grid.

-B

pete
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks Don and Brady. I guess it would be prudent to put some sealer on all the borders, including between grids, to reduce leakage - I am using the BradyVac design that has the solid baseboard - except for the 4 vacuum holes - and the removable 4x8 plenium/spoilboard on top (plenium side down naturally).

mitchjr
02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Brady.........I just have most of the parts that are all 1.5" and wanted to put them to use.