PDA

View Full Version : How do I?

kubotaman
11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
What is the best way to split a file? I want to carve a pre made file by Aspire that will wrap a cornor. It will turn 90 degrees then proceed around the cornor. If I just delete an inch in the cornor by deleting "file paths" then the scene doesn't match up in the cornor. Is there an easy way? Thanks

john_l
12-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Can you just trick it by running the whole file twice and just shifting and aligning the actual part on your table to a new X or Y zero location so that the cutter only cuts the section you want?

There may be a better way but I did it this way once and it worked for a design I wanted to meet at a 45 degree outside corner. I just drew a pencil line on the table at the edge of the first part and aligned the second part right to that. ran the file twice and it was a practically seamless look.

myxpykalix
12-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Here's how i might do it but it might be tricky to match up.

Depending on what program you use could you somehow put a vector line on your file to seperate say the right half to cut then do the same with the left half accounting for some overlap and duplication on the edge for the thickness of the kerf on your sawblade then at your desired wall angle cut it on the table saw just like you were cutting for molding?

jerry_stanek
12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Have you asked this on the vectric forum

kubotaman
12-01-2009, 11:59 AM
After posting I thought some more about this and came up with John's suggestion. I am going to try cutting two seperate files and just more 0'0. That should work.