PDA

View Full Version : ShopBot tech help

carlhopkins
11-16-2009, 05:33 PM
I just want to say how great these folks are.
I bought a used ShopBot a 1-1/2 years ago.
This weekend I bought a used computer with windows XP and needed help getting them working together.
I called in this am and Frank took the time to help me find the correct driver to git-er-done.
You can't get that kind of help any where else that I am aware of.
So for anyone lurking and looking to buy this is the place.
thanks again Frank and ShopBot

john_l
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Yep, I agree.

wberminio
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Same here!They are the BEST!

cedars
11-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Dito!

andyb
11-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I was having a problem with my system and couldn't get to the shop until about 6:00 pm. Frank called me at 6:00 pm on the dot. Great support. Turned out is was a stupid error on my part.

Andy B.

bill
11-17-2009, 07:23 AM
No doubt.... the BEST!!!!!

coach
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I called support at least 3 times a week for the first month.
I thought for sure I would have been told I used my free support up stop calling.
It never happened and that is why my brother purchased his bot.
Not to mention help on a Saturday afternoon.

bill_lumley
11-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Yep - the bot is my first employee and and the Shopbot staff are a close second as they have helped me out/saved my bacon numerous times . I never hesitate to recommend the product based on my experiences with them and the machine . Outstanding !! At Shopbot your a somebody ... where have I heard that before

frankwilliams
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I had a problem with an upgrade I purchased for my second-hand Shopbot. Frank took the time to address the issue and make sure I had the correct parts and was up and running in as short a time as possible! My hat is off to the people who make and stand behind this product! Thanks Shopbot!

ed_lang
11-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Yes ShopBot does have great service. AND.....
They also have a great machine.

frank134
11-18-2009, 10:31 PM
how about e-mailing me back on a sunday night at 11:00 pm. at night.
you can't ask for more then that.

again thank frank

gene
11-19-2009, 12:19 AM
They do have a very good support team in place . When i first purchased my bot i wore out 2 phones with speed dial to shopbot. Sometimes they just answered Hi Gene, and sure enough it was me. You will not find better support from any other company, bar none. I was brand new to cnc with their help and PATIENCE i can cut a small set of cabinet boxes with Ryans program , in an afternoon. This investment has definately improved production times drastically , not to mention accuracy. After 30 years of making sawdust i still love my job!

bcammack
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
I was the Tech Support Manager for TopSpeed Corporation back in the 1990s. Good tech support is almost a calling. You have to care deeply about the product, the customers, and be intimately familiar with every aspect of the product.

Being part psychiatrist doesn't hurt either.

Supporting a CNC router is a bit like supporting an application development product in that they're both diverse-use products. There's only so much you can do with a toaster or a home theater receiver, but you can do darned near anything with a ShopBot or a programming product. (I suspect the folks from Vectrix would agree with me) You not only have to know what a product absolutely cannot do, but also be able to synthesize ways to accomplish things with the product based on what you know it can do.

Anyway, it isn't easy to have a Tech Support reputation like ShopBot's and my hat's off to 'em.