PDA

View Full Version : Melamine doors

richard
04-05-2007, 06:52 AM
hi i would like to know why my alpha tool is'nt cuting completly square ,at approximatley 1/4 " from intersection of to side (at corner) there is one side that is a little round.
can someone help me

apotvin
04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Richard,

Tighten the bolts on your gears, I solved the same problem with this ajustment.

Alain

richard
04-06-2007, 11:14 AM
hi Mr.potvan im going to try this tueseday i hope it works thank you so much

ps i'l let you know what happens

richard
04-10-2007, 07:02 AM
hi all
i was wondering if i were to slow down feed rate would eliminate the raised fibers on melamine or plywood . it very hard to do a nice edge banding job, for now im running a sanding block on edges to be taped wich adds to the labour time time involved in melamine doors or plywood etc..

paco
04-10-2007, 09:01 AM
What bit are you using to cut melamine?

Regarding corner rounding/overshooting, can you post pictures of this issue?

richard
04-10-2007, 11:49 AM
7911 (27.7 k)
allo paco je suis franglais
et plus fort en anglais i amus using unsurud compresion bit 1/4" diam.it cuts a nice clean cut its clean and my seting r good just that it cut some corners round i cant try the bot this week im too bussy but i am still sedning you this auto cadd sketch .irf you cnt open let me know and i will try annother means of demo.tel me what software u use k merci et a la prochaine =

paco
04-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh-la-la...! As-tu utilisé un traducteur cette dernière fois?!

Est-ce bien ce que je devrais voir?... Et qu'est-ce que c'est?!

---Translation---

Who-oh...! Did you use a translator this last time?!

Is that what I should be seeing?... and what is it?!

richard
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
hey paco its not so bad this isn;t to scale its just about 1/4" long on the part it doesent matter how long the part is its the only 1 corner per part the other 3 corners r ok it happens when it does the last corner to finish the cut by the way this happens when cutting fuul depth one pass. and the sketch is approximate just to show u thwe general idea and a piocture would be a little dificult to see but u try to edge band it doesent do a great job it wont stck to well

paco
04-10-2007, 03:07 PM
My guess is that the material (or the part) is moving as it finish the cut...

Does the drawing look clean of this?

How are you holding down your sheet good?

Does it solve the problem if you cut in two (2) pass instead?

What if you move the entry/finish point?

Are you (the tool) finishing the cut in solid material or some 1/2 large left over?

richard
04-11-2007, 07:02 AM
good morning ;i;m using a vac system to hold down .625" mat. the only other way to cut that i havent tried is to put a lead in but most of the time i dont have enough room 4 it .my cuting bit is actualy made 4 one pass cut (compresion bit) if i feel that mat isnt big enough for vac to work properly i will use dry wall screws to hold it down in paces clear of cutting bit .my drwings r done on auto cad and dxf to shop bot yes they r clean .i havent cut solid materials as of yet . dfor the most part i am cuting melamine,mdf from 3/4" to 5/8".
i have been drafting house plans for 20 years of and on and misc. steel and other weird prjects
wright now we r working on making decor brackets for manny applictations (architectural etc...and exploring other things to use cnc for we r just starting out and im the operator so we need some cnc work to keep this cnc running at least 5 to 8 hours per day thats our goal and maybe annother cnc to our arsenal in the not to distant future