PDA

View Full Version : Partworks Cutting time estimates

bill_moore
12-24-2007, 06:41 PM
When I look at the estimated cut times in partworks then cut them they are not even close. I had one today the estimate was 19 min actual time was 56 min. The SB3 software is really close but since partworks had it I had quit running the sb routine. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

oscarg1971
12-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Bill, you will need to adjust the rapid rate and scale factor to suit your needs. But it will always be just an estimate. -Oscar

paco
12-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Make sure the feed rate and units correspond.

A scale factor of 1.2 to 2 generally give good estimate but it may go up to 3 in some case. You'll have to get some experience with the type of toolpaths and what they give. When you don't know, set the scale factor to 1 then compare the results from the result to find out the proper scale factor to use in a given situation.

knight_toolworks
12-24-2007, 07:35 PM
if there is a lot of z movement that will really throw it off too.

jseiler
12-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Of course the software can't take into account ramping and slow corners so the estimates will be off more when toolpaths have many sharp transitions.

John
Merry holidays and happy christmas all.

bill_moore
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks to all. Have to get used to looking in the right places with the new program. Your suggestions helped alot. Estimates are a lot closer now. Been on vacation sorry for the slow reply.