PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to export Shopbot files back into DXF?

dray
05-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Is there a way to export Shopbot files back into DXF?

I made a cabinet for a customer a while back and did not save the origional dxf's but I have the shopbot files and 2 neighbors both want the same cabinet..

Is there a way to export back into DXF?

randy
05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I haven't tried it, but you might want to check out the "FC" command.

Slowly I turned...
Randy

garyb
05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
There's a few cam programs that will backplot your toolpath but thats all you will get, the toolpath not your original line drawing.

You will most likely find it quicker to just redraw rather than backplot and then have edit for tool offsets etc.

richards
05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Danny,

Email Bruce Clark. His email address can be found by going to his website home.centurytel.net/bwclark/ (http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/).

If it can be done, he would know how to do it.

dray
05-28-2007, 10:40 PM
I met Bruce at the Jamboree!!

Hes a really cool guy... I'll shoot him an email.

ryan_slaback
05-29-2007, 12:29 PM
You can save the dxf of the toolpath if you run in simlation mode. You would need to offset the lines to get them back to the original line art. Unless of course you machined along the vectors in the first place.

bruce_clark
05-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Danny,

It was nice to put a face to a name. Oh yea, your cabinet looks awesome.

Yes, you can "backplot" a ShopBot file to a DXF file. In the ShopBot software, press FC and then in the "file type" list select SBP to DXF and then load your file to convert.

If you are unhappy with the results or need some additional help, send me your files you want converted and I will take a look and see what I can do. Please ZIP compress the files and use my Gmail address.

Thanks,

Bruce

dray
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Thx Bruce.. Last night I recreated the cabinet from my origional notes..