PDA

View Full Version : Z- axis backlash

cookie
01-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I have a prt alpha and I have some movement in the z-axis, pinions are tight. The movement seems to be in the motor itself. Doesn't seem to be between the pinion and track. What to do?

knight_toolworks
01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
tighten the bolts. you need to find the holes that are behind the warning label on the front of the z bracket. they are on the bottom corners on mine. then you need to move the z up and down to get to them. mine come loose once in awhile it is a pain.

knight_toolworks
01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
tighten the bolts. you need to find the holes that are behind the warning label on the front of the z bracket. they are on the bottom corners on mine. then you need to move the z up and down to get to them. mine come loose once in awhile it is a pain.

knight_toolworks
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM

erik_f
01-22-2010, 09:18 AM
so what are you saying Steve, that he should tighten the bolts?

On my old PRT I had the actual v bearings on the z loosen up. Caused all sorts of havic until I yanked on the bit and saw about an 1/8" of movement.

ken_rychlik
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I think steve wants him to tighten the bolts, but I'm not sure.

How about switch motors with the y motor and see what happens?

cookie
01-22-2010, 10:12 AM
I tightened the bolts three times and didn't help. I'll try switching motors next. What does a new motor cost?