PDA

View Full Version : Remote operator station for Yaskawa VFD

3imoh
04-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Howdy folks-

My spindle cable was not long enough to mount the vfd in a good place, so I found a remote operator station for it if anyone is interested.

It is called the jvop-140 and it looks just like the keypad that is on the Yaskawa vfd, with the addition of a (really small) pot to dial in the speed.

There are some settings you need to change on the vfd to be able to use the pot. I cut off the end of a cat-5 cable and put a socket on the end of it to hook it into the keypad. It was pretty easy to get up and running. I just cut a bezel out of ply to mount it in.

If anyone else is interested, these guys have them for $25...they are take-offs from a factory, but mine was in great shape...

http://www.rockymountainelectrical.com/rme/

-Howie

tas99
04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Howie,

I'm interested but can't find them at the site you linked and a part number search came up empty. Do you have any more info or a link to the specific page?

Thanks,

Tom

3imoh
04-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Tom-

For some reason they don't have them listed on their site. I found them doing a completed auction search on ebay. When I bought mine they had 30 of them or so...Just give them a call with the model number.

-Howie