PDA

View Full Version : Can't Z zero below table height

myxpykalix
08-17-2008, 02:37 AM
When i try to Zzero to my indexer center using a template block I lower Z below table surface to withn an inch of template block. I set the Z plate on template and hit C2.

Instead of going down, it either stays there and acts like it is finished or it goes up instead. I have gotten so i have to just lower bit and zero it out.
I have set the grounding clip in any number of places thinking it might be that but with same results.
When i Zzero on the table i have no problem at all.

beacon14
08-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Check the file that actually runs the Z zero routine. It may be sending the bit to a position that works for your table height but not below it. If you can send me the file I'll take a look at it.

Gary Campbell
08-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Jack...
The ZZero file that I have on this comp shows the plunge move as: MZ, &big_plunge, which is initialized earlier as -5. This means you should be able to plunge to 5 inches below the current zero during the routine. Check your file to make sure that yours is the same. Also make sure that you have not zeroed the tool more than that distance above your new zero location.
Gary

srwtlc
08-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Try turning limits off before zeroing below the table maybe.

knight_toolworks
08-17-2008, 01:44 PM
it just sounds like you have too big of a negative z height when doing it so simply move the bit close and type zz and then zzero it the bit.

Brady Watson
08-17-2008, 02:42 PM
What Steve said...

-B

odulfst
08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I just type in a positive value for Z before zeroing. But then again, I'm one of those people who don't use table base coordinates...

just double click on the location readout and it will pull up the relative location menu. Or VA? axis values? I don't remember.