PDA

View Full Version : My home posistion keeps changing.

knight_toolworks
03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
I have gotten used to dialing in the machine at the start of the day. sometimes it is a bit off of the jig. but thats easy to fix.
well today I got it right on and the x keeps getting off by about .08 set it back and it is off. or it can go several cuts and be right on.
my usb speed is 79. I just re ran the ground wire inside my dc hose and that helped some connection errors.
I still get them once in awhile like while manually jogging I will loose the connection. I have had that for a long time and it is less with the new wire.
the machine once setup ans been accurate. now it is not. any idea's?
I replaced the pinions on all at 450 hours and I am up to 600 now. I don't feel any slop in the x when tugging maybe a tiny bit in y but I am not off in the y

chiloquinruss
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
<< I still get them once in awhile like while manually jogging I will loose the connection. >> I think you have the answer in front of you. What are you grounding to? Must be bare metal on the Bot and a solid ground on the other. If you have access to a cold water pipe that works really well. Again bare metal for the contact patch. Good Luck, Russ

knight_toolworks
03-12-2009, 10:06 PM
the dc is ground to conduit and the bot it's self is grounded with the computer to third wire on my power strip. that has not changed.

Gary Campbell
03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Steve...
Have you changed software versions lately? I ran into the same thing a while back. I think there has been a minor timing change in the way the software deals with prox hit. You should get consistant results, but they will be possibly different than earlier versions. Adjust your X & Y offsets to the new numbers and see how that works.
Gary

knight_toolworks
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I forgot the dc is connected to a water pipe.

knight_toolworks
03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
I did update last week I think. but this is inconstant . I get the cut dialed in doing a test cut and do a real cut and it's off. I got my backup computer going it seemed ok till I put the last ini file back so it could be that.
I am running out of time now so I will have to screw with it tomorrow.

knight_toolworks
03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
I thought I updated the software to .18 but I see it is .17. I took the bot off the powered hub and so far it seems to have worked but it seems to cut bad on real parts on scraps (G)

knight_toolworks
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I took the bot off the hub and it seems fine keeping my fingers crossed.