PDA

View Full Version : Very first project with artcam

magic
06-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Well..... after trying to figure out what a two rail sweep, 3D Spiral and a bunch of other words meant. Here is out company logo in 3D wood.

I already made several to send to my friends. Right now I'm cutting Grape leaves into a door panel.... It's absolutely amazing to see the simulation work with a large bit for clearing then a smaller bit to finish.''

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions but I want to thank everyone who has been helpful - it's like you're my brothers and not the competition.

ED

scottcox
06-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Looks like you're off to a good start. I can't wait to see your stuff when you get really good! ;-)

myxpykalix
06-19-2008, 10:05 PM
That looks like its made out of chocolate, not wood, good enough to take a bite out of. What wood is that? What is the actual size of your piece? How did you model this to begin with? Was it taken from a logo or did you do it from scratch? Nice job...

magic
06-20-2008, 12:06 PM
It's 9 inches tall I used a line drawing, imported as a Jpeg, added vectors and did a bunch of two rail sweeps.... several times, to get the correct height. The hill side was made with the sculpting tools. The bit was a 11/64 and I used the 3D spiral strategy. I forget the type of wood but it has practically no grain.