PDA

View Full Version : New Spoil Board and no trupan to be found

stockbub
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
My dad destroyed old spoil board so it had to be replaced. I had bought several sheets of Truepan, but found out taht someone used them for something else. I live in Beaumont, and have looked all over Houston and surrounding areas and still no truepan. What is a guy to do? Also, cannot find any light material. Will regular MFD work, just machined down real thin? What are other people using?

scottcox
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Martin,

Last year, Clark Hardwoods (713-862-6628), was carrying Trupan.

-Scott

gene
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Martin,
I go to the big orange box store ( home Depot ) and get a sheet of 3/4 mdf and use it for my spoilboard, it does fine as long as you surface both sides, i found its a light weight mdf and you can tell the compression in it is alot less than doorcore or premium mdf when you rout door designs in it and go to prime it and it fuzzes like a cotton ball . they may sell it as regular but it just aint.

stockbub
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I called Clark and they said they have not had any for a year and have not beeen able to locate any.

andre
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
try here
its expensive but available
http://www.woodworkerswholesale.com/Spoilboards_s/787.htm

don_roy
01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
I recently put a vacuume table on my bot. I also had trouble finding trupan.
One lumber yard told me that the pre painted trim board was trupan material, so I tried it.
I bought 12" x 16' piece cut it down and fastened it together. surfaced both sides and it worked.
If you don't mind a little extra work it might be an option.
Don